Inaugurated in 1933 as Monastery for an international congregation of nuns, the oldest parts of the complex date back to the 16th century. Previous renovations and outdated facilities made it necessary to modernise the site radically. Key for the new design was the preservation of the structure, as well the monument’s details and richness, and the development of a functional complex with contemporary comfort levels. The original structure encloses new elements without undergoing any major changes. The creation of the novel elements has strengthened the power of the monastery principle and deﬁned a clear separation between the (semi-) public area, private rooms (the lock) and the guesthouse.